Courage, Credibility, and Clarity
Courage, Credibility, and Clarity
"let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead—by him this man is standing before you well. This Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders, which has become the cornerstone. And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."
Chadians need boldness for Christ. Paul prayed for it (Eph 6:19). Peter demonstrated it (Acts 10:10). The Spirit gives it (Isa. 61:1). Christian boldness is necessary in Chad today because the opposition Peter faced on that day in Acts was no less intense than many new believers face in Chad daily.
Here is a definition of Christian boldness:
Christian boldness possesses
courage in the face of opposition,
credibility that accords with godliness,
and clarity about Jesus and sin.
Christian boldness is not about machismo and much more about a self-controlled determination (courage) to live for Christ (credibility) and speak of Christ (clarity), even when unpopular and dangerous. Simply, its courage to walk the walk and talk the talk, and both must be there.
A Christian who lives dignified and nice but is silent or vague in his speech about Jesus is no threat to the enemy. Likewise, a Christian who is outspoken and verbal in his faith but fails to live in a manner worthy of the Lord, is the enemy’s greatest asset- a hypocrite! We, and our brothers and sisters in Chad, must live courageously in accordance with Christ, in both word and deed.
Pray that Chadians would exhibit courage, credibility and clarity about Jesus and sin in the face of opposition.
- There have been a good number of new and professing believers in Chad over the last couple of years. Some have died for their faith, some have shrunk away, some have stood, some have struggled, some are growing, some live in fear and others have withered. Please pray for faith to be born and faith to take greater root.
- This last year has brought much hardship in Chad, from covid to the loss of a president. Pray for God to provide for the poor and needy.
Prayer Points for workers in Chad:
- Transition is a part of life in Chad. Some workers are changing teams, some have taken medical leaves, some Sabbaticals, some are coming off the field, others are newly arriving for the first time, some are returning after a break, some are preparing for home assignments and others are grieving the loss of loved ones at home. Many others are stationary and laboring in what often feels like hard soil. All of them are in need of God for apart from him we can do nothing. Please pray for them and their families in the midst of what often seems like constant transition and unexpected surprises.
- The majority of workers are either immersed in language study or doing so part time. Pray for resolve and right motivations to continue. Pray for their language helpers to also be given desire to read the Word and develop interest in Jesus.
- Some are developing relationships over the long haul with a very transient people. Pray for them as they seek to be the hands of Christ through providing medical care for lesions, pregnant mothers and dental. And, pray that they will then have the boldness to speak clearly of Jesus and who he is.
- Over Christmas one team sought to be very intentional about declaring Jesus, Emmanuel, to neighborhood children. Pray that the light of Christ would shine brightly through their presence and proclamation of who God is in Christ.
- Only recently, a media project, specifically started to reach Chadians with Christ via the internet, was begun. It is all in Chadian Arabic. Pray for God’s favor to be shown and for Chadians to be connected to believers.